Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rosy goes to Domfront

Today is a big day for me. I have a horse of my very own going to the races... for the first time since dear old Cliffie (Lite Gasp) ran his last in New Zealand some two years ago.
More, she will be carrying -- for the first time on any racetrack -- my new racing colours, stitched up in double quick time on French soil, for the occasion.
I was so excited this morning, I could hardly get out of bed.
When I finally got to the café, to meet Christophe and Pierre for our morning chocolat and croissant, I cornered a man reading Paris-Turf (France's racing paper) and grilled him as to how I was going to be able to find out the result...
I couldn't keep still.
I've been saying, ten hours to go, five hours to go, three hours to go. And now its one hour to go. I shall hold the press until the result -- somehow -- comes through.

SHE WON!

Jack just emailed from London. Teresa has called him with the amazing news ... she won! It's true. Paris-Turf's website confirms it...



The full story as soon as I have it.
Bravo l'ecurie Hue!
Bravo Rosy!
Bravo the soft-boiled egg colours: 1 start, 1 win!

No comments: